Freitag, 29. August 2014

The Guardians of the Galaxy




As a reader of the Marvel Comic by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning, I was very exited to hear that a movie of my favourite band of heroes was in the pipeline. I hoped that there won't be a disappointment, that they didn't get the "cosmic part" of the Marvel Universe right. My fears were not necessary. 

Yesterday, I was in the movie, and boy, they delivered. The movie had everything: action, fun, mystery, great music.

An assassin, a brute with a big knife, a tree, a raccoon with a love for guns and explosions, and a human who was abducted by aliens - this works really well. How the band of outlaws gets together – in prison – and how they learn to accept each other, is really good moviemaking. I love this film.

The chemistry between the actors is great – they must have had real fun doing this movie. And no other movie from Marvel hat more easter-eggs than this one, I swear!

Just the Collectors museum is a feast for the eyes. In every corner you discover something interesting. Even Beta Ray Bill? – I didn't see him, I have to check the blue-ray. But I saw a dark elf (from Thor 2), and of course Cosmo, the russian telepathic dog in the spacesuit, a fan-favourite from the comic. Or Adam Warlocks cocoon.

Remember the bad guy at the end of Avengers? This time, we saw Thanos in full, sitting on his chair, like I always imagined him. (ok, with a more metallic armor than in the comics, but its all right.) 



Like in the comics, one day (maybe in Avengers 3) Thanos will posess all the gems and sets the gems into the gold glove we saw in the first Thor Movie,  which he refers to as the Infinity GauntletWith it, he tries to destroy (half) of the universe, no less, to impress his Mistress Death. We'll see....

The other bad guys – Ronan, the fanatic Accuser, and Nebula (played by Doctor Who Companion Karen Gillan) are also great. 

What else is to say? Well, on my way to work this morning, I listened the "Awesome Mix, Vol. 1". Thanks youtube!

Go see the movie! 

Keine Kommentare: